Thanksgiving in March!
Although the situation in Haiti is still grave, there are bright spots to be grateful for. Our supporters have truly gone the extra mile with us for our friends in Haiti. Here is a partial list of those who have given us gifts, both large and small but always appreciated.
- Grace Community Church in Chelmsford, MA, took a one time collection that raised more than $11,000!
- Two different friends of SFH, Paula Mason and Kathy Ablondie, held baby showers for their daughters. They both gave the money that they would have spent on favors for their guests to SFH. Thank you, ladies for thinking outside the gift box!
- The Lowell Kiwanis, always a strong supporter of our efforts, pitched in once more with a $1000 donation.
- Ceragon Networks employees’ generosity was (literally) matched by that of their employer. Together, they gave over $10,000.
- Our good friend Kevin Ashley raised money to buy more than 250 tents then arranged to have them shipped down to Haiti – no small feat in itself!
- Green Mountain Diapers (we have friends in all lines of work!) donated a water filtration system and a generator that are both now in use at the orphanage.
- Three schools in Westford, MA got into the act. The pre-school and kindergarten held a fundraiser for food and cash donations, while the Abbot and Nabnasset schools combined to raise over $2000.
- Northern Bank and Trust, based in eastern Mass., put signs in their windows and at the tellers’ stations to collect money for SFH.
Thank you all for your generosity, your compassion, and your creativity. We couldn’t have helped so many without your help.